A serious topic… very serious.. Kabonnagreen and Baby Green with our game faces on… lol.. ( just kidding.. postpartum body is not serious at all.. : )
So I made this video of becoming Kabonnagreen+ which is beautiful an amazing to see the body transform.
So got me thinking what about the after video. mmm yeah nobody wants to see that right. Or maybe they do. I kinda do. ha ha
I am not putting a lot of pressure to get myself back in shape like celebrity fast. Honestly not that i would mind ha ha. But i don’t have the resources to make that happen. But that cool yo.. no worries.
Really its amazing how much weight you can actually lose by taking care of your baby.
Breastfeeding burns calories and well birthing the baby gets rid of the baby weight via the baby came out lol and all that excess fluid to boot.
That said in the first few weeks in addition to taking care of baby. I took short walks ( 20 mins) with her in the moby wrap and then did these stretches/strengthening exercises to help my body start to recover.
I roughly gained about 25 pound during my pregnancy and with just breast-feeding, short walks, stretches and pretty good healthy eating habits in the last 3 months have lost roughly 15 pounds. So i have about 10 more to go and well a little bit more if i want to be in my glory kabonnagreen days.. but with bigger boobs i am thinking my weight will naturally need to be a little higher to maintain my milk supply.
Also another factor worth very much WORTH mentioning is sleep deprivation.
I have not had the brain to even think of about my post baby body until i got some sleep. Baby Kabonnagreen isn’t sleeping perfect every night but enough where i don’ t have to be sleeping every second of the day when she does.
Another factor time. There are some great classes out there for newborn moms with yoga and some exercises classes. I find there are small windows that are open for me to exercise and they just don’t happen to land in the times these classes are. I find during those times it’s when she needs to be soothed to sleep, or fed. Sometimes you can do things while they sleep but other times i have to hold her for naps.. not ideal but i find its way better to have a well rested baby ( sleep= happy baby).
That all said i plan on taking these windows of opportunity while i am at home.
Do yoga at home or do exercises involve my baby. I image there are lots of dvds out there to workout with baby. But lucky me movement was my life before baby so i have no problem thinking up ways to hopefully whip this booty of mind back into shape .
So here are my goals for the up coming months provided i get sleep the night before.
* Take little 10 min windows to do a set of exercises. ( squats with baby, sit-ups with baby, ect.)
Here is a little preview of what i did the other morning.
* Dance with baby put on my favorite tunes and sweat it out. ( lucky she loves to watch me dance so i can put her on her play mate and break it down and she is in heaven)
* Going to start to see if i can get a friend or family member at least once a week to come over so i can start going to the gym to get 1 hour of cardio in ( stair stepping, walking on the tread mill).
* Juicing more ( kinda hard when your short on time.. but i am juicing at least once a week)
* Eating less bread as a snack ( whole grains are great.. but so are veggies.. so instead of always grabbing bread to snack on while nursing perhaps get my carrot or celery stick on instead mmm black olives..)
* Cooking more ( i have not had time to cook.. but i am finding my crock pot is awesome.. doing some easy crockpot meals with lots of veggies. ) eating less take out.. the take out we get is pretty healthy but nothing is as healthy as cooking for yourself when you know what exactly is going into your food prep.
* Keep up with my hydration.. this is actually already going pretty well.
* OKay it’s totally holiday approaching season and i have been having fun having treats with MR. Kabonnagreen… which i plan to keep doing But not go over board.. which honestly i have been doing.. he heee
* Loving this transitional body!
* I just did something beautiful and amazing i created a whole other person. Like Woah. Our bodies are so amazing. And it took 9 months for my body to adjust to carrying a baby. So it makes sense it is going to take some time for it to transition back.
Not going to post pictures just yet of my post-baby body. But i will. I promise. But pictures are always more fun when you can see a progression. So i will start taking some now and then put a nice side by side comparison once i see some changes.
I have a pair of pre-pregnancy pants that i am thinking about using to show progress. Because really the scale is not the best measure because I find it goes up and down a lot depending on when i last breast fed.. so yeah!