I have to say my go to everyday is cucumbers.
It’s not that i crave them as much as i just love the way they make me feel. I think if you are not having an aversion to them, and your pregnant eat or juice a cucumber. Here is why I think they rock and how they have been helping me throughout my pregnancy. Also even if you’re not pregnant they have huge benefits too. So something for all enjoy!
1. They help you feel good and be in a good mood.
They are full of the B’s. The B vitamins which are also known as the feel good Vitamin. That’s right they help you feel good and be in a good mood. not to mention all these gems which are awesome for helping baby grow (Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium and Zinc.)
2. They help tighten up your skin, improve complexion, and reduce or get rid of cellulite!
So yeah pretty awesome for pregnancy since my belly is expanding daily. This helps to keep the skin-tight and improve its elasticity.. yay!
(Cucumber causes the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite.)
3. Keep off hunger pains and keep you full!
They suckers are full of water and help keep you hydrated and feeling full in between meals and gives you that feel good boost throughout the day./
4. They are very useful to cope with headaches.
Being Kabonnagreen+ i have fallen victim to headache land with all these extra hormones… and cucumbers have been very useful for coping. How does this happen ( Cucumbers contain enough sugar, vitamin B and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients which the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium.)
5. Helps regulate blood pressure.
I have very low blood pressure. But if you have high it does the same thing. This is great because when my blood pressure gets to low its like i have been zapped.. cucumbers are like my little defibrillator cart i can pack in my purse. (Cucumber contains minerals and sodium which helps to regulate blood pressure)
6. Avoid Puffy Eyes and Swelling in the body.
WEll naturally in 3rd trimester women tend to have some swelling. But lucky the cucumber is great for preventing this and coping. Yay!
Here are a few of my favorite ways to enjoy cucumbers!
1. Raw and sliced topped on a salad!
2. Raw and Sliced with a side dip of tahini mixed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar!
3. I love to juice cucumbers i juice like 2-3 at time you get heaps of juice out them they are packed with so much water.. its awesome. I combine them with a lime or lemon.. or i want extra flair i add an apple, or romaine lettuce.. yum!